Continuing Ed. & Employment Development
Individuals preparing for competitive employment are empowered through real-world experiences, trainings, internships and support that pave the way for meaningful careers.
Core curriculum integrates academic and vocational preparatory skills through classroom and site-based learning at The Arc and through partnerships with community colleges, area learning resources and corporations.
- Employment exploration and job search
- Career paths and certifications
- Workplace immersion internships
- Resume writing, interview skills, professional conduct/appearance
- Learning styles and strategies for success
- Work skills and workplace competancy
- Site- and community-based classes
- Volunteering and service learning
- Functional academics and practice
- Computer and mobile skills, internet and email safety
- Professional communication skills development
- Healthy relationships
For more information, contact Kristen Pedersen, Director of Employment & Education Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org, (415) 255-7200 x103.